Intetics Inc., a leading global technology company providing custom software application development, distributed professional teams, software product quality assessment, and “all-things-digital” solutions, is looking for a Haskell Developer to work with one of our projects.
About the project:
The Software Development team delivers complex software Logistics Planning and Management Systems which facilitate the planning processes, integration and capture of data, analysis and distribution of management information. Our cloud hosted applications, business intelligence software and services are helping the UK’s Train Operating Companies to improve their business knowledge and agility, and helping them to drive forward improvements in Operational Performance, Retail and Service Quality Management.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the development of application or system software to support the business objectives and its customers. The Senior Software Developer leads and participates in the entire software development lifecycle from assessing business requirements and design through to testing, deployment and maintenance of existing and new software products.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
Successfully leading a variety of software projects, to deliver quality outputs on time and in budget.
- Taking ownership of supporting documentation.
- To be a technical expert in two or more software products and be able to mentor Junior and Software Developers.
- Lead on preparing estimates for inclusion in proposals.
- High level of communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally at all levels with both colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and relationships between the key players in the UK rail industry and what forward challenges the industry faces.
- To lead on sprint meetings on a daily basis and communicate effectively to the team.
- Lead, uphold and share best working practices to produce quality products on behalf of the client.
- To pro-actively recognise any sales opportunities and share ideas upwards and across in the organisation and take the initiative in discussing opportunities with clients.
- Successfully managing expectations of key stakeholders with respect to their work and any other team members working on their assignment.
- Demonstrate people and client management skills to the required standard of a Senior Software Developer.
- Ensure that any issues effecting delivery (quality, time or cost) are communicated to the General Manager/Project Manager in a timely manner to minimise project risk.
- Keep up to date with the rail/software industry and in particular industry operational planning processes issues.
- To work continuously on own professional development to enhance career development.
- Coach and guide Junior and Software Developers in software development best practice.
- To confidently manage a small team of Developers on a day to day basis and undertake absence meetings, appraisals, performance management, manage holiday allowances, with support from the Divisional HR Advisor.
- Knowledge and experience of working commercially with Haskell
- A collaborative working style where you enjoy working in Squads and on your own when necessary
- Motivated with the ability to work with minimal direction and inspire more junior members of the team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability and inquisitive mind to problem solve
- Able to visualise, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts
- Able to make logical and well thought out decisions.
- Good communication skills
- Able to write complex code and have a deep understanding of the entire development lifecycle
- A lateral thinker and able to keep calm under pressure
- Capable of dealing with high quality technical solutions
- Confident in sharing views and opinions with others
Experience in one or more of the following technologies would be beneficial:
Intetics is a leading global technology company providing custom software application development, distributed professional teams, software product quality assessment, and “all-things-digital” solutions built with SMAC, RPA, AI/ML, IoT, blockchain, and GIS/UAV/LBS technologies.
Based on proprietary pioneering business models of Offshore Dedicated Team® and Remote In-Sourcing®, an advanced Technical Debt Reduction Platform (TETRA) and measurable SLAs for software engineering, Intetics helps innovative organizations capitalize on global talent with our in-depth engineering expertise based on the Predictive Software Engineering framework.
Intetics’ core strength is the design of software products in conditions of incomplete specifications. We have extensive industry expertise in Education, Healthcare, Logistics, Life Science, Finance, Insurance, Communications, and custom ERP, CRM, Intelligent Automation and Geospatial solutions.
Our advanced software engineering background and outstanding quality management platform, along with an unparalleled methodology for talent recruitment, team building, and talent retention, guarantee that our clients receive exceptional results for their projects. At Intetics, our outcomes do not just meet clients’ expectations, they have been exceeding them for a quarter of a century.
Intetics operates from 11 offices in 6 countries including US (headquarters), Germany, UK, Belarus, Poland, and Ukraine.
Intetics is ISO 9001 (quality) and ISO 27001 (security) certified and a Microsoft Gold and Amazon Partner. The company’s innovation and growth achievements are reflected in winning prestigious titles and awards, including Inc 5000, Software 500, CRN 100, American Business, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, European IT Excellence, Best European BPO, Clutch and ACQ5 Awards, and inclusion into IAOP’s Best Global Outsourcing 100 list.